Skip to main content

problem installing xp on netbook

I know that many users face this problem while installing xp on netbook. The moment you boot from external drive or usb, blue screen appears showing some missing files (bootmanager). This happens because of the new SATA hard disks of netbooks are in ICHE configuration that blocks the installation. The simple thing you need to do is change the configuration from ICHE to IDE and try again from external usb/drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which is the best OS for atom netbooks????

Although laptop makers recommend using windows 7 starter or basic edition for netbook to get best performance, but unfortunately that doesn't happen. I have tried three versions of windows 7- basic, starter and professional. It does run, and you can do things, but will hang in between. The reason being, windows itself is taking ~50-70% of your RAM. So with 1 gb RAM, there is hardly much space left to really work. Even with internet surfing you will see that it stuck many times when there are heavy sites or multiple windows open, as RAM usage reaches more than 90%. I bought my netbook (Asus x101ch) with the hope it will be much easy for me to do simple things  like surfing, listening music etc. But, with OS mentioned above its really not smooth. I have found that XP runs much better, faster and smoother. But for the latest netbooks like the one I have, drivers are the issues, you don't get drivers for XP.

An Ideal Product Review

 What is an ideal online product review, what should we expect from them? When I read the reviews of any product, the objective is to look for certain answers which can help me in deciding whether to buy a product or not. But, nowadays, every product is having hundreds of reviews and most of them are just the collections of features and specifications of the products. I am really surprised by those people who are creating these useless reviews. The information they are giving in the name of review is anyway given on the listing of the product on any shopping site. Who wants to learn that, it is very frustrating to see these kinds of reviews almost daily in your life. Even, I have seen people comparing two products by just running through their features and specifications from a table.  I have observed that there are majorly two kinds of reviewers: One who is there to make money out of making these reviews, and the other ones who generally are not happy with the products. With ...